.

Friday, January 1, 2010

yes, I mind...

So here goes my first post, and a rant at that... For Goodness' sakes! Do not come to visit if you are visibly sick! It freaks me out, OK?? And for good reason! Yes I know I am over-reacting. Still, I really wish you didn't cause me any unnecessary stomack ulcers, if iyou can help it.

Reason for all this: Bee, our good (and childless) friend came over today. She was coughing like there's no tomorrow. She nonchalantly mentioned that she has been doing this for 3 weeks straight now, but thought nothing of visiting us, go figure. I really don't know how to handle situations like this. I wanted to boot her out right there, but we haven't met for a long time, she didn't do this on purpose, just doesn't know any better; she is going through a divorce now, too. I wanted to be a good (or at least tolerable) friend. BUT, my first responsibility should be Bubu, so why the heck didn't I do something?! Now, Andras on the other hand, didn't hesitate a bit to offer her a surgical facemask, being that we are a family with way too many doctors here. I felt awkward, but thought this to be a good idea (still better than throwing her out, at least!) What does she say? "No thanks, I feel like I can't breathe if I wear those!"
Arrggh!!! I want to kick myself now for not insisting on it. Bubu has a temperature now; had to give him some Motrin, and he can't sleep now. I could have prevented this. I am such a freakin' wuss. Have a lot to learn, I have - to say this with Master Yoda's words.

4 comments:

Blacktulip said...

Nem a te hibad volt, akinek nincs gyereke, az neha tenyleg nem direkte felelotlen es hat ezt nehez megmondani neki face to face...angolul kenyelmesebb irnod?

Andrea said...

az angolul beszelo ismerosok miatt foleg; meg nekem gyakorlasul. :)

Blacktulip said...

Aha...eloszor azt hittem, hogy azert, nehogy az emlitett rokonok olvashassak!
Az angolon nem sokat kell gyakorolnod. :)

Andrea said...

sajna, vagy szerencsere, a rokonok igen kivalo angolt beszelnek. :D Viszont pl. a feltesom, Finna, nem tud magyarul, es orulok ha o is olvashatja. Az en angolom meg... soha nem lesz olyan mint magyarul irni. Dehat, ebben is van elvezet! Mas ize van, na. Vannak hangulatok, erzesek, amit csak az anyanyelven tud kifejezni az ember (foleg ha az az ember en vagyok. :))