.

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

maybe?

On our quest for a suitable daycare for Bubu we visited another one today; about half the size of the previous one, VERY close to where I work (practically 5 mins), and they have an opening on the 25th.
First of all, I could barely find it! Darn GPS!! I swear those things were invented by Satan's spawns as a mean to torture people and lead them into all the wrong ways, haha. The Thing told me that I was right there in front of the building when, in fact, I was a block away! Argh!!
Anyway, I digress. So again we went with Erzsi, as my husband can not take time off from work now. The building is in the old part of downtown, has that typical "old house" atmosphere, a small yard, and it's between two nature trails. It even has it's own parking lot which is a real miracle in that part of the town. Very little traffic, small street, ideal.

You have to be let in, there's a numerical lock on the door (good!).
We went in and waited for a while for the director to show up (they have two buildings, one for infants and toddlers and another for 2 to 5 year olds). While we waited, we looked around and saw where the 0-1 year olds spend their days. Very cute little place, all warm and fuzzy. 3 kids per caregiver (same as the other place), but these were actually holding babies in their arms! Imagine that. One started crying and was promptly comforted. So was I, by seeing this. :) Toys all around, it was pretty sweet.
And upstairs was even better! that's where the 1-2 year olds are, and it seemed like a lot of fun. Kids were playing something in a circle, and were laughing, romping around. All seemed actually happy! One was having her diaper changed, standing, of course (I guess they all hate to be laid down once they can stand?)
The director said they move kids up there once they become mobile and start sticking to a schedule, so I think we will start daycare once Arthur is ready for that. Probably in a month or so? I want the grandparents to be there still, in case it doesn't work out.

Aaaahh, I am so relieved. It's very good to know there are places like that! Oh and I didn't even mention one of the best things about it: they LOVE to have parents over for visiting! So I can stop by whenever I have an hour. Sounds pretty good, doesn't it?

1 comments:

Laura Vas said...

This is the key issue in the whole decision making: you have to find a place with caregivers that you LOVE and TRUST.