.

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

ahh, choices...

I am looking for a jogging stroller; no, not because I believe in New Year's Resolutions. (I actually disbelieve them so much I wanted to resolve to eat crappy foods and not move a limb the whole year through, hoping this one would crumble by February, too, like any other vow made in the heat and hopes of a brand new year).
Aaaanyhow, hoping that I could find a stroller both Bubu and I can like, I started to read about them (since if you are an OCD researcher, you can't just go and buy one, nooooo, you have to do extensive reading and comparing first).
Sadly, the conclusion is obvious; I want the BOB Revolution. Now if I only knew for sure we would both love it (oh and use it, too)... Because that thing is expensive. Now, granted, I would be able to justify the expense if we would jog in it at least twice a week for an hour, since I pay more now for personal training. BUT, and that's a big but(t), what if we won't use it enough after all? Maybe he will dislike it, or I will, or who knows. Why don't we have a teensy bit of a glimpse in the future?? What should I do?!

Just one more thing about choices; tell me, please, why is the *wrong* choice often so appealing? And I am not even talking about honest mistakes when you think you are doing the right thing. Now before anyone thinks I lead an exciting double life as a drugdealer or something, no, I am only talking about tempting choices like staying up late at night with a good book when you really should be sleeping, or NOT taking the stairs even though you certainly could, stuff like that. I just don't know why?One thing is for sure; I can totally understand Eve.

3 comments:

Blacktulip said...

When I started to read your post, I also thought about this brand, it is said to be the best jogging stroller.
I think for a family, which hikes a lot it's worth every penny and you can keep it for your second baby or it can be sold on craigslist within hours.
If I were you, I would get it...

Blacktulip said...

And about wrong choices: you know the graffiti that says: "I can resist everything but temptation"? It's a motto for the mankind, really. We always want something new, something else.

Only thing is, in this case, the BOB is not a wrong choice at all. :)

Andrea said...

I agree! But now we are seriously considering me to stay home, so in that case, we won't have money for luxuries. Oh well!